Saturday, October 19, 2013

Manchester Press

IMG_0114


Fruit & Nut Bagel Topped With Berry Mascarpone, Strawberries & Pistachio Dust, 12AUD

I have been hopping on cafes to cafes for brunch a lot lately since I touched down in Melbourne. Manchester Press is known to be one of the best cafes in Melbourne. At Manchester Press, there is always a queue. This cafe is particularly famous for its bagels. All there are in the main course menu are toasted bagels whether sweet or savoury. Melbourne has a coffee culture, and for a huge breakfast person like me, I have to say I fit right in.

The one on top with Nut Bagel and Berry Mascarpone is Manchester Press's most popular dish. Almost every table has at least one person who ordered this particular bagel. I think Berry Mascarpone might just be my favourite mascarpone of all time?



IMG_0110

12 Hour Roasted Pull Pork With Lettuce, BBQ Sauce & Homemade Appleslaw, 14AUD

I have the tendency to order sweet dishes for brunch but I did not this time. The pull pork which I ordered was generously given and perfect on bagels. I can't get my mind off this one.



IMG_0111

Smoked Salmon, Dill Cream Cheese & Baby Capers, 13AUD

Generous portions of smoked salmon that is absolutely mindblowing. Bev made the right choice.



IMG_0113

Thick Sliced Pastrami With Sliced Tomato, Sauerktaut, Swiss Cheese And Thousand Island Dressing, 13AUD

I'm not a fan of salami that is uncooked thoroughly. Yan likes it though!



IMG_0112

Flat White

You know you feel happier inside when the particular cafe you're at serves you latte with latte art.



IMG_0117

Hot Chocolate

Detailed French boy with his freckles on Bev's hot chocolate. How could this be more J'adore than it already is?



IMG_0118


IMG_0116

With my beautiful ladies catching up on brunch. That's Yan, Rachel, me and Beverly in Sequence :)



IMG_0119

If you spot this hidden artistry, make a left turn and that's where Manchester Press would be. I would definitely recommend this brunch spot. Personally, Manchester Press ranks pretty high up on my list. Last but not least, their coffee is superb!





Manchester Press
8 Rankins Lane, CBD
Melbourne, Victoria 3000
Australia

Tel: +(61) 03 9600 4054


Mon to Fri: 7am-5pm
Sat to Sun: 9am-5pm



Manchester Press on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. Nice take on the cafe but just need to point out to you that pastrami and salami are two different things altogether. Pastrami is made from beef only while salami is 50 beef/ 50 pork. And the pastrami is smoked, hence why it looks that way.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...